Shorten your links. Turn long URLs into your-domain.com/short-url. Great for affiliate marketers who want to cloak their links, or anyone else who wants to have pretty URLs and track their outbound traffic.
Here’s how it works:
1) Click on ‘Create Link’ in the WP Wizard Cloak section of WordPress admin panel.
2) Enter a name for the link (for management purposes) and a ‘slug’ name for the URL (for example, www.your-domain.com/slug-name).
3) Enter the destination URL for the cloaked link, i.e. www.some-external-url.com/some-page
4) Click ‘Save Link.’
After that, you can use the WP Wizard Cloak-powered cloaked link everywhere you would have used the original URL.
WP Wizard Cloak will track clicks on your links, providing a detailed summary and information on individual clicks like browser type, IP address, country code, and referring URL.
Generate click reports for any time period, and export all click data to CSV for further analysis.
Automatically turn keywords on your site into links. Specify the keyword and it will be replaced in your Pages/Posts with a link.
Send visitors in different countries to different destinations. Useful for affiliate marketers who want to promote country-specific offers. your-domain.com/4-hour-work-week can send German visitors to Amazon.de and US visitors to Amazon.com.
Automatically match existing URLs on your site in your existing Pages/Posts. If you have links to whatever.com you can turn them all into links to your-domain.com/whatever.
Support for sub IDs.
Support for a prefix so you can have your-domain.com/prefix/your-link instead of your-domain.com/your-link
* Upload the plugin from the Plugins page in WordPress
* Unzip wp-wizard-cloak.zip and upload the contents to /wp-content/plugins/, and then activate the plugin from the Plugins page in WordPress
For best results enable Pretty Permalinks from the Settings -> Permalinks page in WordPress. This will make your links look like http://www.your-domain.com/your-link instead of http://www.your-domain.com/?cloaked=your-link
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Wizard Cloak” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Wizard Cloak” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- critical security fix – stopping non-logged in users from accessing adminInit http://www.wpallimport.com/2015/02/wp-import-4-1-1-mandatory-security-update/
- Initial release on WordPress.org.