This plugin allows you to quickly swap between user roles in WordPress at the click of a button. You’ll be instantly switched to the new user role. This is handy for test environments where you regularly log out and in between different accounts, or for administrators who need to switch between multiple accounts to test the feature in different user roles.
- Switch Role To: Instantly switch to any user role from the admin bar at top.
- Switch back: Instantly switch back to your originating role.
- Compatible with WordPress, WordPress Multisite, WooCommerce.
- Only users with the ability to edit other users can switch user roles. By default this is only Administrators on single site installations, and Super Admins on Multisite installations.
- Once plugin is activated, you will see Switch Role To in the top admin bar.
- Clicking this will bring the list of user roles available in the system.
- Click on any user role you want to test as.
- You can switch back to your originating user role via the Switch back link on the top admin bar.
Contributors & Developers
“User Role Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “User Role Switcher” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [Improvements] Added floating action button when role is switched.
- Initial release