WP Old Post Date Remover removes the distractingly old date from otherwise perfectly good evergreen content on your WordPress blog.
This plugin does not deal with the date on SERPs or archive pages. Single posts only.
You spent the time creating great content, and now readers and potential customers are getting sidetracked by the fact that it’s 13 months old.
Install the WP Old Post Date Remover plugin, activate it, and pick the number of days you’d like to show the dates on your posts.
NOTE: if your theme does not place the date within its own span class or div class, (or does that annoying thing where they put the word “on” outside of the date’s span or div) this plugin will not work, out of the box. But with a few extra lines of code, we can get you working in no time. Message me in the forums.
This plugin requires special setup for use alongside some caching setups. I’m happy to help get that set up for you. Message me by starting a thread in the forums.
Please rate the plugin, and don’t be afraid of the donate button! I am active in the support forums if you need assistance. Thanks for checking us out!
Download and unzip wp-old-post-date-remover.zip, producing a
wp-old-post-date-removerfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your web server.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to the WP Old Post Date Remover settings page at
/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=wp_old_post_date_removerand select the length (in days) of time you’d like to show the date on new posts.
- Can I hide the date on the blog home page, or archive pages?
The short answer is no. For a longer explanation, see this response to a kind review asking for that functionality.
- What do I do if I install the plugin and it’s not working?
I am active in patching the plugin to work for as many themes as possible. Please check out the plugin site for some troubleshooting, and contact me on the support forums (where I will actively answer).
- Can I customize the length of time the date shows?
Yes! as of version 2.0 you can now customize the length of time (in days) in the WP Old Post Date Remover settings page.
- Can I do other cool things to older posts using this plugin?
Yes, you can make any css style changes to older posts that you would like. Modify the OPDRstyle.css file with anything you’d like to show up on those older posts. Keep in mind, though, that any updates to the plugin will overwrite your changes.
- Does this plugin affect Google ranking?
No, because it simply hides the date from readers using CSS, it has no effect whatsoever on Google or other Search engines. Loading the extra TINY stylesheet on older posts should not affect page load time.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Old Post Date Remover” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WP Old Post Date Remover” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WP Old Post Date Remover” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- updated for Divi compatibility
- tested up to WordPress 5.2
post-meta-datefor compatibility with the Rowling Theme
dd.createfor compatibility with the RT Responsive theme on Themeforest.
- changed some back-end links to go to my new and awesome donate page at http://benlikes.us/donate
.entry-meta .publishedfor compatibility with the evolve theme.
.datefor compatibility with the Builder theme.
.post_meta .calendarfor compatibility with the Aqua Theme.
.meta timefor compatibility with Crevision theme.
- changed formatting for standards compatibility
- Added i18n, making the plugin able to be translated into other languages.
- added Spanish language files
- overhauled the design of the settings page
p.post-meta.date-extra,for compatibility with the Blaskan and OptimizePress themes, respectively.
.meta timefor compatibility with Sampression theme.
time.post_date.date.updatedfor compatibility with SevenMag theme by ThemeForest.
.cb-date.cb-byline-elementfor compatibility with Valenti theme.
span.meta-datefor compatibility with invoda themes
span.posted-onfor compatibility with the Twenty Fifteen theme.
- bug fixes related to archive pages not performing correctly. Now the plugin only affects single posts (again).
- changed inefficient handling of php date function to decrease server load.
- added additional classes to CSS.
span.post_date_introfor compatibility with some Thesis skins (Pearsonified, Social Triggers, and Classic Responsive have been tested).
.entry-timefor compatibility with some Genesis child themes.
span.datefor compatibility with the Twenty Thirteen theme.
- updated plugin website with troubleshooting for the Twenty Twelve theme
span.post-dateto the classes to exclude
- added customization options, user can now select specific number of days to show date on newer posts on the newly created Settings page.
- made the plugin only affect single pages and posts, as opposed to the front page of the blog or category pages. Previous versions deleted all dates regardless of age of the post on home/front pages and category pages.
- added a direct link to the new plugin settings page from the WP Old Post Date Remover entry on yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugins.php
post-dateto the classes to exclude in the custom CSS
- first release! Fire when ready.