This plugin allow admin to add custom fields in comment area. These fields are saved as comment meta and is displayed under comment text. Four fields types are supported.
- Drag and Drop fields
- Text,Radio, Radio and Select inputs
- Attach unlimited comments fields
- Compatible with all themes
Pro Features – 16 Input Types
- Pro Inputs
- File Input
- Image Picker
- Color Picker
- Color Palttes
- Hidden Input
- Dividers 4 styles
- HTML Content
- Disable extra field on frontend via setting. Only admin can see in comment admin.
- Max file upload limit set
- Custom Post Types Support
- View & Edit Comments Admin
- Upload plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After activation, you can set options from
Where all fields are saved?
- All fields are saved as Comment Meta
- Yes, in PRO version. Admin can disable frontend extra fields.
🍃3️⃣ 22, 2022 1 reply
We had a project with special customer requirements and tried many different plugins for it. Of all these plugins, Wordpress Comments Fields came closest to the result the client wanted. However, this was far from perfect, especially in terms of output. We contacted the support with a request for a customization. The response came quickly and the asking price was fair and reasonable. We did have to communicate back and forth several times to get it moving in the right direction, but the support persevered to the end and did a great job. The final solution was unconventional, but effective and met the client's expectations 100%. The plugin is very good, but more importantly, the support is reliable, knowledgeable, customer focused and professional. You really can't expect more than that. We are very grateful for the support provided and can recommend this plugin and the manufacturer without reservation.
🍃3️⃣ 7, 2020
Works perfectly as described. I am using Beaver Builder!
❄️2️⃣ 14, 2018 1 reply
Plugins works but does not allows you to edit custom comment fields
🍃3️⃣ 2, 2017
I tried and it works perfectly, specially pro version which allows uploading files in comments as well.
❄️1️⃣2️⃣ 12, 2016 1 reply
I like the ease it give me in adding field/s in the comment. But I can't restrict text field to numbers only. I want to add Phone Number field but it accepts letters which is not good.
🍂 9️⃣ 3, 2016
Created lots of PHP error / warning messages in the admin area. Never tried using it due to the error messages.
Contributors & Developers
“Comments Extra Fields For Post,Pages and CPT” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Comments Extra Fields For Post,Pages and CPT” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
4.6 March 12, 2023
- Bug fixed: File upload bug fixed
4.5 March 6, 2023
- Bug fixed: Warnings removed
4.4 January 11, 2023
4.3 January 7, 2023
- Bug fixed: Settings menu disappeared issue fixed
4.2 December 21, 2022
Tweaks: Due to some branding issues name is updated
4.1 July 13, 2022
- Bug fixed: Vulnerability removed while saving meta
2.2 June 16, 2021
- Feature: WordPress latest version compatible check
- Bug fixed: Menu issue fixed
2.1 May 31, 2021
- Bug fixed:Activate error issue fixed
2.0 April 27, 2021
- Bug fixed: WP CLI conflict removed
1.8 November 26, 2020
- Bug fixed: Issue while replying the comment if required field attached, it is fixed now
1.7 Feb 02, 2020
- Bug Fixed: warning, Array to String Conversion fixed
- Bug Fixed: General Setting are saving now
1.6 March 22, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Multiple Checkboxes not saving fixed
- Bug Fixed: Admin drop fields design issue fixed
1.5 March 2, 2017
- Bug Fixed: css conflict with theme styles fixed
- Bug Fixed: undefined menu position error fixed
- Bug Fixed: other admin notices and warnings fixed
1.3 September 25, 2016
- Feature: Grid added to control fields layout
- Feature: Style the select box, inline radio and checkbox
- Bug fixed: remove un wanted scripts
1.2 May 7, 2016
- Feature: Customize Meta Heading
- Feature: Show/Hide fields for custom post types
- Feature: Better layout with list support
- Bug fixed: Extra comma was removed, described here
- It is first version, and working perfectly