The Spreaker shortcode plugin is an easy way to embed Spreaker audio player into your WordPress blog. It works for any Spreaker episode, show, or user. Once you install this plugin, it will work on all of your blog posts.
A simple example:
[spreaker type=player resource="episode_id=3331356"]
Spreaker shortcode requires the resource play. It can be only of the following:
resource="episode_id=X": id of the episode to embed.
resource="show_id=X": id of the show, whose latest episode should be displayed.
resource="show_key=X": private key of the show to embed.
resource="user_id=X": id of the user, whose latest episode should be displayed.
The plugin also supports the following optional parameters:
width: player’s width – can be in % or px (ie.
height: player’s height – can be in % or px (ie.
theme: player’s UI theme. Supported themes are:
color: playerβs main color. Supported fromats are short and long hex values (ie:
FF0000). This feature requires the podcast author to subscribe to Station plan or above.
cover: HTTPS url of an image to display as player’s background.
playlist: configures how the playlist should be built. It can be
playlist="false"to disable the playlist,
playlist="user"to display all user’s episodes in the playlist or
playlist="show"to display all show’s episodes in the playlist. The default behavious depends on resource. The playlist is visible only if the player height is greater than 200px.
playlist-continuous: enables or disables the playlist continuous playback. When
trueit continuously plays all episodes in the playlist until the end.
playlist-loop: enables or disables loop playlist playback when continuous playback is enabled. When
trueand playlist continuous playback is enabled as well, it will loop the playlist continuously (defaults to
playlist-autoupdate: enables or disables the playlist autoupdate, when a new episode is published. This feature is enabled by default.
chapters-image: enables or disables the display of chapters images in the player (defaults to
leftshows the episode image on the
truethe likes button is not displayed in the player (defaults to
truethe comments button is not displayed in the player (defaults to
truethe share button is not displayed in the player (defaults to
truethe Spreaker logo is not displayed in the player (defaults to
false). This feature requires the podcast author to subscribe to Broadcaster plan or above.
truethe button to open the description of the current episode is not displayed in the player (defaults to
truethe button to open the description of episodes in the playlist is not displayed in the player (defaults to
truethe images of episodes in the playlist are not displayed in the player (defaults to
true, it hides the episode download button (defaults to
How to get the shortcode
Play any track on www.spreaker.com and then click on the share button in the player (bottom-right corner): you can customize the appearance of the player and get the shortcode to copy and paste to your WordPress blog.
If you need further help, please contact us at help.spreaker.com.
Contributors & Developers
“Spreaker Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested with WordPress 6.1
- Tested with WordPress 5.6
- Tested with WordPress 5.1
- FIX: the plugin is now able to embed correctly limited access episodes
episode-image-positionto select if the image should be on the
- Updated readme
episode_keysupport to display limited access episodes
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.2
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.0
- Removed the support for the old embedded player (no more supported by Spreaker). If a widget has been included with the old shortcode syntax, it’s now automatically converted to the new embedded player.
chapters-imageattribute support for the new Spreaker’s player
live-autoplayattribute support for the new Spreaker’s player
- FIX: the plugin should display the old (mini) embedded player when type attribute is missing, in order to avoid breaking backward compatibility
- Translated the plugin in Spanish and Italian
playlist-loopattribute support for the new Spreaker’s player
playlist-autoupdateattribute support for the new Spreaker’s player
- Added support for the new Spreaker’s player
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.3
- FIX: the plugin now supports sharing of user’s latest episode via
- FIX: the plugin now supports both HTTP and HTTPS WordPress websites
- Tested with WordPress 4.4
- Tested with WordPress 4.3.1
- Tested with WordPress 4.1
- Added banner and icon
- Updated description
- Updated the link to spreaker support forum
- Added coupon support
- First Release