Have you ever had a custom plugin or theme accidentally overwritten by an update from a wp.org plugin or theme with an identical slug? There are several very old Trac tickets describing this behavior and are still waiting for a solution in core. That solution is now available.
This is a plugin that will add a Settings menu, Skip Updates, where plugins or themes may be added by selecting the plugin or theme from the dropdown. Once added, the plugin or theme will no longer receive updates or update notices from wp.org.
Only plugins or themes on wp.org are displayed for selection.
This does require that this plugin is installed and activated for this protection. Fortunately there is a plugin dependency installer library that may be added to your plugin or theme that is able to install and activate any plugin, including this one, in either an optional or mandatory fashion.
PRs are welcome against the
Contributors & Developers
“Skip Updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Skip Updates” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Skip Updates” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Please see the Github repository: CHANGELOG.md.
1.1.2 / 2022-05-10
- updated tested to
1.1.1 / 2022-02-08
sanitize_file_name()maybe have attached filter that changes output
- update nonce check in
1.1.0 / 2021-08-29
- speed up check for testing if plugin or theme is in dot org by using
- longer timeout if plugin or theme is in dot org
1.0.0 / 2021-08-14
- update selector and only allow dot org plugins and themes
0.5.2 / 2021-07-07
- use proper echo and escape not translation escape, thanks @westonruter
- add @10up GitHub Actions integration for WordPress SVN
0.5.1 / 2021-02-18
- better data validation for empty data
- fix redirect on save to only redirect on correct option page
0.4.0 / 2021-02-17
- check data validation for proper plugin/theme slug on save
0.3.0 / 2021-02-16
- change update transient filter to default priority
0.2.0 / 2021-02-12
- initial commit