This plugin is free and I expect nothing in return. If you wish to support my programming, buy my book:
Error Message Eyes: A Programmer’s Guide to the Digital Soul
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Open in New Window Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Open in New Window Plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested under WordPress 5.7
- Tested under WordPress 5.4
- Fixed bug in the way options are stored.
- Fixed bug in the way control js was loaded.
- Major rewrite.
- Uses script enqueue methods so WP loads the scripts.
- Fixed some problems with the scripts. THey should compress correctly now.
- set up so translations might work (but I doubt it).
- Added security check.
- broke up the program to reduce load overhead
- added the first settings option to this plugin. Some files types, when found in local site, can be forced to open in a new window. These include: .pdf, .mp3, .jpg, .gif, .tiff, .png, .doc, .rtf, .docx, .xls, .wmv, .mov, .avi, .zip, .rar, .7z and .arc. Check off the option box in the settings. On by default.
Added support to load certain file types in a new window. Disabled in wp-admin screens to prevent reported issues with the admin toolbar.
Now loading the script as a js file in order to cache the hits and speed page loads.