While working on my Read Offline plugin, I wanted to implement permalinks. After intensive googling and reading the WordPress source I thought I’d share my findings.
This commented plugin demonstrates how to implement a custom permalink for your plugin. To test, add the
[mypermalink val="ipsum"] shortcode to a page or post.
You can view the plugin source at soderlind.no
- Download the plugin and extract the my-permalink-demo.zip
- Upload the extracted
my-permalink-demofolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“My Permalink Demo” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “My Permalink Demo” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.7.
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.6.
- Update plugin for WordPress Coding Standards.
- Tested & found compatible with WP 4.5.
- General housekeeping.
- Tested with WordPress 4.3
- Tested with WordPress 3.9, bumped version number
- Thanks to Paul, the plugin now only flushes the rewrite rules when needed.
- Fixed a bug in my_permalink_url() that gave 404 for blogs in a subdirectory.
- Initial release