This plugin improves page load times as it only loads the YouTube videos preview image on page load. And also provides the option/control to make your video sticky to side(top/bottom) of the window if user scroll away from the video viewport.
– Lazy load videos. No need to worry about complex settings.
– Support multiple videos on single page. Plays only one video at a time. The video will pause if you play other video
– Sticky video to bottom/top if you scroll away from the video
– You can also add your own custom styling.
– Generate shortcode on post/page (WP Editor) by clicking on the icon “LLVASC”. This will show you a popup where you can add your YouTube video ID; Where, “Video ID” is the unique Alphanumeric code present at the end of your YouTube video. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGoAj7IEys, where the video id is iXGoAj7IEys. After you add your ID click “Ok”, then the shortcode will be added to your content.
– The shortcode it add to your content is: [lazy-load-videos-and-sticky-control id=”Youtube-video-ID”] on your page/posts/postypes. Hence, [lazy-load-videos-and-sticky-control id=”iXGoAj7IEys”] on you content.
– Preview your page. And if you want to adjust some styling you can add your own/custom CSS from the General tab
- Open WordPress admin, go to Plugins, click Add New
- Enter “Lazy load videos and sticky control” in search and hit Enter
- Plugin will show up as the first on the list, click “Install Now”
- Activate & open plugin’s settings page located under the Settings menu
- Upload the plugin folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via ftp
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Do this plugin support multiple videos on a single page?
Does iframe affect the page load time?
Definitely, iframe affects the page load performance and also it is not recommended to use iframe if you are concern about your site speed.
How do this plugin acheive lazy load ?
Instead of loading the iframe of your videos on page load, it only loads the iframe videos preview image.
Will the plugin lazy load all my existing plugin after installation ?
No, you need to update all your content with the shortcode
What is sticky control?
Sticky control mean you can change the position of the sticky video from the backend. The available position are “Bottom Right”, “Bottom Left”, “Top Right” and “Top Left” of your window.
Do it support single video playback if i have multiple videos on a page?
Yes, it plays only one video at a time. The previous playing video will pause if you play other video
How do I apply custom CSS ?
Once the plugin is installed and activated, from your dashboard navigate to “Settings->Lazy Load Videos & Sticky Control Settings”, and write the CSS rules in the codemirror.
Will the plugin support other videos ?
This free version only support YouTube videos. You can contact me and buy a Premium version of this plugin. The premium version supports HTML5 and Vimeo video and many more in the near future.
Do this plugin add more features in the future ?
Yes, will add and update the features in the near future.
Plugin not working ?
Please install the latest version of this plugin. And clear the cache, if you have installed any cache plugin or setup any third party tools like Cloudflare.
Contributors & Developers
“Lazy load videos and sticky control” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Lazy load videos and sticky control” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed: Play icon missing fixes. And other minor changes and tested to WordPress version 6.2
- Changed: Minor update
- Changed: Added “LLVASC” icon on the backend editor to add a shortcode to the content