INK is a new way to own your content. It’s a well know fact, the content you produce can be shared all around the web and in a very large number of ways. One of the most common way is to simply copy the content and paste it wherever we want it to be shared. That’s fair, but there’s one problem; most of the time you don’t get credited for the content you produced and the shared content is given out of context without any way to go back to the origin (your site!)
INK comes in two flavors. The free version which is ad supported and the premium version which costs you 2$/month to remove the ads. Read more here: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/ink-own-your-content/
- Use WordPress’ builtin plugin installation system located in your WordPress admin panel, labeled as the “Add New” options in the “Plugins” menu to upload the zip file you downloaded
- Extract the zip file and upload the resulting “ink” folder on your server under
All you need to do after that is navigate to your blog’s administration panel, go in the plugins section and enable INK – Own your content.
In order to personalize the available options, check in WordPress’ “Settings” section under “INK”
For more information, see the “Installing Plugins” article on the WordPress Codex.
- Any technical requirements?
- You will need PHP5. PHP4 has been officially discontinued since August 8 2008. If this plugin gives you PHP errors (T_STATIC, T_OLD_FUNCTION), you should strongly consider upgrading your PHP installation.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“INK – Own your content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a bug in Firefox 4
- INK is now compatible with Firefox 4
- INK is now compatible with Internet Explorer 9
- Fixed a typo in INK
- INK is now content aware.
- Fixed a display bug.
- Fixed settings permission issue.
- Updated to INK 1.1
- New INK skin.
- Added Facebook and Twitter sharing tools.
- Users now have the option to opt-out of INK
- Introduced the freemium model: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/ink-own-your-content/documentation/
- Initial release