For a more detailed description please visit the Google News Unique Permalink ID Plugin Homepage. Note that there is also a German description for Google News Unique Permalink ID
This Plugin will generate Permalinks formatted for Google News, i.e.
Requirements – Important:
- Settings > Permalinks has to be set to “Custom Structure” /%postname% (do not forget the leading slash!)
- Adds a unique 5-digit ID to all Permalinks on your Blog to make it work properly with Google News
- You add a Post with the name “This is a very Interesting Post”
-> The Permalink will look like this:
myblog.org/this-is-a-very-interesting-post-12345where 12345 is a randomly generated unique ID
This Plugin is powered by Brainsap Development – Web Development Services
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Settings > Permalinks has to be set to “Custom Structure” /%postname% (don’t forget the leading slash)
Checkout the Google News Unique Permalink ID FAQ for further information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Google News Unique Permalink ID” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Google News Unique Permalink ID” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed a bug which did not properly change the slug on editing scheduled posts.
- Unique IDs will now be appended to scheduled/planned posts.
- Prevent function from being created when it already exists, Changed Plugin URLs and Readme.
- Fixed a bug which added Unique IDs to Pages. Unique IDs should be only added to Posts now properly.
- Plugin Created