Adds a simple shortcode to let you display featured testimonials for your Freemius plugins/themes on your WordPress website 😉
Installing “Freemius testimonial” can be done either by searching for “Freemius testimonial” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org.
- Upload the ZIP file through the “Plugins > Add New > Upload” screen in your WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the settings screen and configure, as desired.
- How can I show the testimonials?
First you need to set your Freemius API credentials, this can be done in
WordPress admin area>
Testimonials for Freemius – API credentials
After that, just use this shortcode after changing 999 with your plugin/theme ID
- How can I sort testimonials?
Testimonials can be sorted by their IDs. To get testimonial IDs, head over to the page which shows reviews, and add “?fs-testimonial-ids
to the url.http://example.com/testimonials/
So for example, if our testimonials showing page is on
then we will change the URL so it looks likehttp://example.com/testimonials/?fs-testimonial-ids`.
This will display all testimonial IDs if you are logged in and have permission to edit posts on site.
Then, we just add
orderparameter with comma separated list of testimonial IDs and reviews will appear in that order, reviews not in the list will appear at the end.
Here is what the shortcode may look like
[freemius-testimonials plugin='999' order='295,349,241,290,227']change 999 with your plugin/theme ID AND 295,349,241,290,227 with your desired order
- How can I use that expandable drawer like thingy?
compressto have some of your reviews hidden by default, a button to display all reviews will be added 😉
You can use this shortcode after replacing 999 with your plugin ID
[freemius-testimonials compress plugin=999]
Contributors & Developers
“Testimonials for Freemius” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix – Some reviews hidden in expanded compress mode
- Fix – Tooltips on hover over review title
- Initial release. It’s alive!