Frontend HTTP Authentication Protection provides simple HTTP authentication layer to your fronend site. There is often need to prevent normal visitors and search engine from navigating front website, when website is in development environment before release website in production environment. This plugin serves this need very well by adding HTTP authentication layer to frontend site. This WordPress Plugin uses HTTP Basic Authentication. This plugin is fully configurable from admin panel.
1.Enable Disable Frontend HTTP Authentication
2.Set Custom Username and Password
3.Set Login Message which will display in login dialog prompt
4.Set error content by WYSWYG editor
- Upload the entire
frontend-http-auth-protectionfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in admin panel.
- Go to setting > Frontend HTTP Authentication for configuring setting and test functionality given by plugin.
- Is there any configuration require for this plugin?
Yes, You have to set username and password and other basic configurations.
- What is default HTTP auth username and password when plugin will be activated ?
Default username is user and default password is user123
- Can I set empty username and password when plugin will be activated ?
Yes, You can set blank value in empty and password.
Contributors & Developers
“Frontend HTTP Auth Protection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?