The Cool Author Box plugin adds information about the author to the bottom of the content of posts and/or pages. The information is gathered from the profile info set inside WordPress.
Items displayed are:
- Display name of the author of the post or page
- Gravatar of the author (set at www.gravatar.com)
- Link to other posts by the same author
- Link to author’s website
To make the author box appear you need to activa the plugin and go to the Cool Author Box settings under Settings and select if the box should appear under posts, pages or both.
Copyright 2010 by Morten Rand-Hendriksen and Pink & Yellow Media
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu and choose ‘Cool Author Box’ to check the options
- The author name is displayed as the login name of the author.
To set how an author’s name is displayed go to the author admin page and use the “Display name publicly as” option.
- There is no bio displayed / where do I post my bio?
The bio field is generated from the Biographical Info entered in the author admin page.
- Where do I upload a photo for my bio?
The bio image is your Gravatar and is linked to your email address. If you don’t have a Gravatar yet you can get one by visiting www.gravatar.com. If you have a Gravatar but it is not displaying it means you need to change your email address in the user admin section to match the one your Gravatar is registered with.
Don’t forget to rate this plugin, especially if you like it!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Cool Author Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors