Add Telephone Field to Contact Form 7
This plugin adds telephone field to Contact Form 7 along with masking options.
Please notice that Contact Form 7 must be installed and active.
Masking options are accessible via tag generator panel.
- Upload plugin files to your plugins folder, or install using WordPressβ built-in Add New Plugin installer
- Activate the plugin
- Edit a form in Contact Form 7
- Use [phone your-phone mask:(999)999-9999] or [phone* your-phone mask:(999)999-9999] to add a telephone field
- Use [your-phone] at mail to get the content of telephone field
- Notice that if you add more than one phone field, only the last masking options would be effective
- What is the plugin license?
- This plugin is released under a GPL license.
- How many phone masks is possible to have?
- Even thought one can set several phone fields with different masks, only the last mask will be used.
- What is the alternate mask?
- In Brazil, mobile telephone numbers for Sγo Paulo have 9 digits instead 8 digits as the rest of the country, so this is an option to have more than one mask depending of the area code.
Contributors & Developers
“Contact Form 7 Phone Module” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Contact Form 7 Phone Module” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added βwpcf7-form-controlβ to phone class as reported by https://wordpress.org/support/profile/bdeleasa
- Fixed fatal error: βFatal error: Call to undefined function wpcf7_add_tag_generator()β
- Fixed issue where [phone*] made all subsequent fields be treated as required. (Thanks to insertcoinforjoy for reporting it.)
- Added a tag generator panel where users can select their mask. Default mask now is (999)999-9999
- Fixed missing code for validation, all users that use validation must upgrade. (Thanks to biswajeet for reporting it.)
- Fixed wrong path to js, all users must upgrade.
- Improved initialization, thus removing need of test and error messages.
- Fixed displaying of error message and behaviour after error if Contact Form 7 is not present and active.
- Added a test to check if Contact Form 7 plugin is active.
- Initial plugin release.