Lists categories, author pages and archives with thumbnails. Use shortcode [categorythumbnaillist 1] where 1 is the category id.
Don’t forget to add Featured images to your posts.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload “categoy-thumbnail-list” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Add the following rows to your themes functions.php
add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ );
set_post_thumbnail_size( form_option(‘thumbnail_size_w&&echo=false’), form_option(‘thumbnail_size_h&&echo=false’), true );
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Add the hook in a post. Example: [categorythumbnaillist 3]
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Category Thumbnail List” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Category Thumbnail List” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Domain Path
Css fix for margin
Backend bug fixed: Undefined index: save_category-thumbnail-list_settings
Frontend rewritten with flexbox
Tested for new versions
Update as suggested by alchymyth https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-category-thumbnail-list-comments-show-up-on-page
- All posts are now visible in the list, not only the number of posts set in /wp-admin/options-reading.php
- Fixed typo
- Settings page created
- Added aplhabetical sorting and the posibility to sort ascending or descending. Sorting by date is still available as in previous versions.
- Uses WordPress settings for Thumbnail size if you change the code in functions.php as stated in the description
- Tested for WordPress 3.0
- Better tagging
- Unlimited number of thumbnails
- Doesn’t feel like beta anymore
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- The list uses only the category specified in the hook
- The list appears at the same place as the hook is added
- Multiple lists in a post is possible