BuddyPress Maps is a component that allows to find and display location markers on a Google Map.
It includes several plugins to work with BuddyPress and its API has been coded to allow others plugins to use the component.
You can enable or disable those plugins :
* Profile maps (for saving the user’s location)
* Members map (a map with all the user’s location)
* Friends map
* Groups maps
* Custom markers
There is an option for the groups maps to allow displaying member location markers, custom group markers (if you need to give your group a specific location) that the group admin can add; or both.
You can also use the plugin’s API to add maps to your own plugins.
Try the demo
You can registrer on the demo website to check how it works.
* Demo for profile
* Demo for members map
* Demo for group map
- Copy the directory buddypress-maps to wp-content/plugins.
- Activate the plugin site-wide
- Go to the options page (Maps) under the BuddyPress menu and change the options if needed.
- If you want a custom theme; copy the directory /maps from buddypress-maps/theme to your current theme and edit it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Maps” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress Maps” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added groups markers (using tabs). Each group of markers can be customisable.
- Added cleanup functions when removing a user
- Added custom markers plugin
- Various bug fixes
- Added user information for each marker
- Localization fixes
- Fixed infoWindow bug
- Removed “Delete the location group & datas from XProfile” option as it can be confusing
- Added marker icons in the members loop when user has a profile marker
- Fixed bugs
- Now admin can batch locate users
- Lots of stuff rewritten
- Members map
- Friends map
- Groups maps now allow group admin to save custom markers.
- New option to guess user’s location from his IP when the map is empty
- Added Localization
- Updated plugin information
- Added Screeshots
- Various fixes
- First version