BuddyMessageUX-Free is a BuddyPress plugin.
Default behavior for the buttons is to take you to your own profile – to compose and send messages from there.
Why? Why not stay on the profile page you are viewing?
Fortunately, BuddyPress makes it easy to replace the functionality for those buttons.
With this plugin you can stay on a profile page and send private or public messages to that member.
This plugin uses the default WordPress ‘thickbox’ code.
If you need…
* the ability to style the overlay
* or prefer the use of ajax
… you might be interested in the premium version here:
- Upload the ‘bp-profile-message-ux’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Can the dimensions of the popup be adjusted?
Yes. You can add css for the placeholder class. And you can change the height and width in the TB_inline code in the href – in this file: bp-profile-message-ux.php
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyProfileMessageUX Free” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyProfileMessageUX Free” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial upload
- Tested with WP 4.2
- Tested with WP 4.3
- Adds check for profile page to avoid conflict with Kleo theme
- Adds support for BP Nouveau template pack
- Fixes a bug that caused the word ‘Array’ to appear when using the BuddyPress Nouveau template pack
- Fixes the hiding of the Friendship button when using the Nouveau template pack