Automatically generate a featured image from the post title (Background with post title overlay) from media library. This plugins generate a featured image using the post title. The image is saved in the media library and set as featured image.
How to use
- Write your post.
- Save your post.
- The plugin will automatically generate a featured image for your post.
Youtube video as featured image
Settings & Preview
Features (Free / Included)
- Generate featured image from post title
- Generate featured image from primary category name
- Generate featured image from first tag
- Generate featured image from custom query
- Generate featured image from Youtube video embed
- Font selection
- Font color and size customization
- Text highlighting with different color
- Search and grab background image from media library automatically
- Random solid background color
- Random gradient background color
- Random plasma background color
- Text position (top, middle, bottom)
- Background overlay
- Text transformation (lowercase, uppercase, capitalize)
- Custom post status trigger
PRO Features (Whit Subscription)
- Upload and use your own fonts
- Select what do you want print in the image (title, category, none)
- Works with custom post types
- External Services: Required API Key
- Dall-E (OpenAI): Generate featured using AI (Artificial Intelligence) Dall-E (OpenAI) https://beta.openai.com/pricing
- Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/api/docs/ (Free)
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/documentation (Free)
- Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/api/documentation/ (Free)
- Add prefix and suffix to the text
- Filter by source into the media library (List Mode)
What is Auto Featured Image?
Auto Featured Image is a WordPress plugin that automatically generates a featured image for a post using the post\’s title. The image is created by overlaying the title on a background, and is saved in the media library.
Is Auto Featured Image free?
Yes, Auto Featured Image is free to use. However, we do offer a premium version with more features and customization options.
How does Auto Featured Image work?
The plugin takes the post title, category name or custom query and looks for a background image in the media library that matches the query. If a match is found, the plugin generates an image with the title and overlays it on a background image. Users can customize the font, color, size, and position of the text, as well as the background image and overlay. The generated image is then saved in the media library and set as the featured image for the post.
Can I customize the generated images?
Yes, the plugin offers a variety of customization options for the generated images, such as font selection, color, size, text highlight color, background overlay, text opacity, background overlay opacity, text transformation and custom query.
Can I use my own background image?
Yes, you can use your own background image from your media library, upload bulk of image with good title, description in your media library and the plugin will take one automatically
Can I use a custom query?
Yes, you can use custom queries such as post title, primary category name Name, first tag.
Can I trigger the generation of featured images for specific post statuses?
Yes, you can trigger the generation of featured images for specific post statuses.
Does this plugin work with all WordPress themes?
Yes, the plugin should work with any WordPress theme that supports featured images.
This plugin have a PRO version?
Yes, We have a PRO version with more features and more customization options.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto Featured Image (Auto Generated)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Auto Featured Image (Auto Generated)” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Upgrade freemius SDK
- Added support to Youtube video embed
- Added source into the media library (List Mode)
- [PRO] Added support to filter by source into the media library (List Mode)
- Added gradient featured image (Required: Imagick PHP Extension)
- Added Plasma featured image (Required: Imagick PHP Extension)
- [PRO] Added support to multiples sources at the same time
- Fixed small bugs